2016-2017 Season Information – Registration Now Closed
If you have further questions, please e-mail WBC at email@example.com.
The following Assessment schedule is current for each grade:
- August 21 – Skill Evaluation/Quantitative Assessment at Badger Ridge Middle School – Completed
- Aug. 28 – First Grade-Level Practice Assessment – Completed
- Sept. 11 – Second Grade-Level Practice Assessment at Verona Area High School – Please arrive 10-15 minutes earlier than the scheduled time and escort your player to the check-in table to help pin on his assessment numbers.
- 11:15-12:15pm – Make-up skill evaluation/quantitative assessment only for those that missed August 21st
- 12:15 – 1:45 pm – All 4th Graders
- 1:45 – 3:15 pm – All 5th Graders
- 3:30-5:00pm – All 6th Graders
- 5:15-6:45pm – All 7th Graders
- 7:00-8:30pm – All 8th Graders
- Sept. 30 – Teams will be selected/announced no later than this date, and coaching placements will be determined following player placements
- Week of Nov. 7 – Practices Begin
Also … please consider being a coach for your player’s team. Coaches are a critical component to the success of WBC and quality coaches are still needed for every grade level. We are short coaches applicants at every grade level and really need to get this taken care of before practice starts.
Team Assessment and Selection
Once assessments are complete, the Assessment Committee of the WBC Board of Directors will make final team determinations and make-up based on the data collected from assessments, as well as determine coaching assignments at that time.
WBC strives to balance being a fun and instructional program with also being a competitive program that ultimately progressively prepares players to potentially play at the high school level as they enter their Freshman year. WBC received significant feedback both during the season last season and in the post-season survey regarding issues with the team assessment and selection process from last season. The Board of WBC has considered this feedback, and in light of attempting to maintain the balance between a fun/instructional program and a competitive/preparatory program, the following team selection structure will be in place for the 2016-2017 season:
- 4th Grade – All registrants will be accepted and all teams will be divided evenly based on assessment criteria.
- 5th Grade – All registrants will be accepted, a 10-player “A Team” will be selected by the Assessment Committee, and remaining players will be divided into evenly split teams.
- 6th Grade – All registrants will be accepted, a 10-player “A Team” will be selected by the Assessment Committee, a “B Team” will be selected by the Assessment Committee (10 players for the “B Team” would be the optimal number, but number of the players on the “B Team” will ultimately be determined by total number of registrants remaining in the class), and all remaining players will be divided into evenly split teams if there are enough players to field more than one team beyond an “A” and “B” Team (otherwise an additional “C Team” will be formed).
- 7th Grade – Limit of 30 players to be selected based on assessment criteria and placed in progressive 10-player “A,” “B,” and “C” Teams.
- 8th Grade – Limit of 30 players to be selected based on assessment criteria and placed in progressive 10-player “A,” “B,” and “C” Teams.
Vacant Board Positions
We currently have a couple vacancies on the Board for WBC, including the 4th Grade Rep, Equipment Coordinator, Scheduler and Apparel Coordinator. If you’re interested in taking a larger role in WBC, please consider volunteering for any of these roles. If you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay tuned to http://wildcatbasketballclub.org
for further updates, registration information and coaching application process information. If you have any question, please feel free to email them to email@example.com.